If you want to start and grow your company, nailing on a good roof is only half the battle. The other half is making the decisions that will guide your small business to success. Find out how to bookmark the best 15 roofing resources for business owners now so you can easily get answers to questions, find expert guidance, or simply catch up on your industry reading.
Roofing & Contracting Industry Blogs
- GAF ProBlog: Shares tips, industry news, and more for roofing professionals. (Did you know Equipter’s Sam Beiler has guest-posted twice on GAF’s blog? Check out How to Build a Professional Image that Earns More Roofing Referrals and How to Ask for Raving Online Reviews for Your Roofing Business.)
- EagleView Blog: Provides tech-related news, insights, and tips for contractors.
- Roof Scoop: Shares roofing business resources, such as industry-level articles regarding regulations, labor, technical expertise, and more; published by the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).
- Roofing Contractor: Explores roofing industry news, business tips, advice, and more; written by Roofing Contractor editors and contributors.
Small Business Resources
- SCORE: Offers loads of free advice for small business owners; find help on everything from what you can legally ask job applicants to how to pump new life into your business; includes articles, podcasts, checklists, and more; also find information on how to locate your local SCORE chapter or a SCORE mentor.
- Small Business Administration (SBA): Provides resources and self-guided courses to help small businesses start and grow; guidance ranges from how to buy a business to small business financing options; the SBA acts as an independent federal government agency.
- State Government Sites: Here, you can search for the department that oversees businesses in your state (in PA, it’s the Department of Revenue at PA.gov); find information exclusive to state requirements regarding licensing, taxes, etc. in the state where you own and operate your roofing business.
- HubSpot: Shares basic and in-depth advice to help businesses push forward their sales and marketing; excellent resource written in plain English, so you don’t get bogged down with jargon; published by CRM platform company HubSpot.
- Forbes: Publishes business news and columns; can help you develop an overview of the general business environment.
- Social Media Examiner: Great for roofing contractors who already use social media to market their businesses; shares lots of practical info, such as what Facebook mobile ad techniques work and ways to use Instagram stories for businesses.
Social Media Resources for Roofers
New to Digital Marketing
- Pinterest: Open an account or learn more about Pinterest as a roofing resource tool.
- Instagram: Get started with an account or view information and case studies on how businesses use Instagram.
- Twitter: Open an account or learn tips and strategies for using Twitter to connect with homeowners and roofing prospects.
- LinkedIn Networking: Share no-hassle tips for using the social network to make connections.
- Angie’s List Business Center: Claim your profile on the review website or find out more about how the process works.
How to Bookmark a Webpage
Are you ready to save these handy resources for easy access tomorrow, next week, or even two months from now? The process of bookmarking a webpage differs based on the device and web browser being used. The article How to Create an Internet Favorite or Bookmark by Computer Hope covers exactly what you need to know.
Bonus: You can also rely on the Equipter Roofing Blog to share the tips, guidance, and roofing resources you need to build a profitable roof replacement business that you and your employees will be proud of! Check out our roofing business resources, like:
To keep up with the latest in Equipter's world and the roofing and construction industries, be sure to like and follow us on the Equipter Facebook Page.