Facebook isn’t the only game in town when you want to market to homeowners. You have plenty of digital options to attract new clients and make established clients more likely to refer you to friends and neighbors. Check out these three non-Facebook roofing digital marketing ideas:
Live Stream & Video
Live streaming and video are powerful tools for engaging audiences. On Facebook earlier this year, a woman shared a live stream of herself trying on a roaring Chewbacca mask. The video has snagged 177 million views to date—and the mask sold out. But Facebook isn’t the only place to post videos and live streams. Here are a few channels where you can share this type of digital marketing content (includes links to video/live stream instructions):
- YouTube (Check out the way our Equipter team uses YouTube to show how the RB4000 specialized dump container helps roofers increase referrals and productivity.)
Plus, any videos you create can also be shared on your roof replacement blog or posted on your business website. What kind of marketing content ideas can you incorporate into videos or live streams?
- Tips & tricks
- Product or process explanations (such as how your crew can tear off a roof with minimal mess or property damage)
- Project before/after
- Projects that are interesting or unusual
- Homeowner testimonials
Connect with Websites & Blogs Other Than Your Own
Sharing your roofing expertise on other websites and blogs can be a smart way to expand your reach and build trust with potential clients. Identify local sources that might provide an opportunity for you to write a guest post/article or share a guest video. Try:
- News media sources
- Home improvement or garden centers
- Insurance agents
If you’re not sure which businesses or groups would make a relevant content marketing connection, contact your local chamber of commerce, SCORE chapter, or networking group; they can point you in the right direction. If the local newspaper publishes an annual “Best Of…” for area businesses, that may be a good starting point as well.
Utilize Email Marketing
With so much focus on social media, it’s easy to think that email has gone the way of the wooly mammoth; but email is still an effective form of digital marketing for roofers. Platforms like MailChimp, Constant Contact, and others make it quite simple to create and send professional emails. What type of content can you use in email marketing?
- Seasonal reminders: check gutters, clear snow from rooftops, etc.
- Seasonal specials: gutter cleaning, roof inspections, window replacements, etc.
- Announcements: earning accreditations, appearances on local media, grand opening, etc.
- Contests & giveaways: exterior holiday lighting contest, window replacement giveaway, etc.
- Newsletters: a combination of any of the above types of content
Want more roofing digital marketing ideas to build your business? Learn 4 Old-School Marketing Tricks You Should Dust Off. Then connect with Equipter on Facebook for the professional-level insights you need to create success.