Roofing advertising is a key part of marketing your contracting business. Whether you’re drowning in a sea of roofing competition or you’re a new roof replacement company that wants to make its mark, advertising is a smart strategy for putting your name in front of homeowners. Rock your roofing ads with these ideas and tips to help you stand out.
1. Get Google ready.
Local digital ads will put your name in front of prospects ready to take action. A report from Google revealed that local searchers are ready to engage with mobile advertisers. It found:
- 68% of local searchers use “Get Directions” or “Call” buttons.
- 61% use the address or phone number listed in the ad.
That means your online roofing advertising needs to make it as easy as possible for homeowners to make contact. Ensure your digital roofing ads link to a website or social media profile that includes all the essentials:
- Type of services (i.e. residential roofing, commercial roofing, gutters, windows, etc.)
- Phone number
- Map and directions
2. Add Facebook ads to your strategy.
Roof replacement advertising on Facebook can be a cost-effective way to get your message out. One of the top advantages is that you can drill down into demographics to target your ad toward a very specific audience. Reach out to users based on age, location, interests, and more. The ads are relatively easy to set up and manage from your company page. Plus, Facebook makes it simple to set a daily budget so you keep spending under control.
3. But don’t be afraid to go old school!
There’s much focus on digital advertising for roofing—and rightfully so. However, that doesn’t mean more traditional channels aren’t effective. Roofing flyers, door hangers, postcards, yard signs, vehicle magnets, and other pieces give your company a name in the community, so even if a homeowner is not ready to replace a roof now, they know who to call in the future.
4. Differentiate your roofing business.
Regardless of what type of roofing ads you choose, the hands-down, most effective way to separate yourself from the pack is to convey how your company is really good at solving a customer’s specific problem. Ways to set your business apart in advertising include highlighting your:
- Expertise working with insurance companies for an easier claims process
- Ability to finish roofing jobs quickly
- Ability to complete jobs with a minimum of mess
- New Roof No Mess® process using the Equipter RB4000 roofing container
- High referral rates
- Expertise in a specific area, such as complex home renovations or historic properties
5. Provide an offer that’s as risk-free as possible.
It doesn’t matter what state the economy is in or what the financial status of a homeowner might be, very few people are willing to just throw their money around. Make a prospect’s decision to choose you as easy as possible by removing the risk. Advertising offers like free roofing inspections or “no strings attached” workmanship guarantees take the risk out of the decision to choose your business.
6. Put testimonials to work for you.
Whether the ad’s online or on paper, prospects are more likely to trust what others say about you than what you say about you. If you have space, add one or two testimonials from clients who rave about your roofing company’s work. It’s a savvy way to start building trust with homeowners who may be nervous about making a potentially big home improvement investment.
What roofing advertising ideas have worked for you? Let us know at Equipter on Facebook.